Monday, July 29, 2013

A Mystery Challenge

I got something exciting in the mail the other day. It's a Mystery Build kit. Cool! Here's why it's exciting. I paid $43 for the kit which covers the contents, shipping and entry into the Mystery Build Art Contest. The challenge: create a work of art using only the box and the contents in it. The theme of the contest this year is "Re-Invent a Work of Art" The work of art can be anything (which I am not sure I agree with) but it can be one of my own, a famous work of art or the Brooklyn bridge if I think it is art.

Every participant gets the same items in the box. The only thing that can be added to the project is liquids, like paint, or oil, or water. Other than that, nothing can be used that adds anything to the materials or leaves something behind (like a staple).

I have to document my process through video or photographs which show me using the materials and creating the work. I am sworn to secrecy. I can't post my process before submitting my piece or tell what's in the box. How fun is that?

I can't wait to get started. I have a good idea of what I am going to do and I think I will get started on it tonight. I have until Oct. 20 to submit my creation to vie for $15,000 in prizes! I am so up for this! Wish me luck!!!!!






Here are some previous winners:

Artist:Majbritt Payne
Title: One Flew Over the Cuckoo Clock 
Theme: Interpret a Movie Title 
Movie- One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Artist: Leslie Stancil
Title:Hugo and the Mystery Clock
Theme: Interpret a Movie Title
Movie: Hugo


 Artist: Sara Hartman
Title: Tea Time
Theme: Interpret a Story Book
Book: Alice in Wonderland




2 comments:

  1. SO Glad I stumbled on to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Annie! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete