Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Self Publishing Adventure -Part 2

Picking up from my first post I will continue with the creation of my book. The next step, once I had a clear idea of the story and the page layout was to begin refining the details.




I had to develop my characters  and be able to paint them consistently throughout the book.



 Millicent was a no brainer since I have painted over 100 cows, but Mouse was a new creation and so I had to play around with him a little bit and create him  in various moods and positions throughout the book.


And then there was the Farmers wife...
 I had to make a lot of decisions. One idea I had in an effort to shorten the length of the book was to have a  split illustration but I felt it was too distracting to one part of the story or the other.






  My work began with these line drawings and others that I would eventually turn into paintings. Stay tuned for those next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment